Search Engine Submission - AddMe Musings of an Perturbed African-American Woman: Blondes on Blacks

Monday, April 27, 2009

Blondes on Blacks

Though the title may suggest an erotic movie, the topic of this post came to me when I was, at all places, church last Sunday, and a sister about the color of Gabrielle Union was sitting an aisle across from me with long, platinum blonde hair. It was not a pretty sight in my eyes.

I have seen similar sights on my high school alumni website where there are a couple of long haired sisters who for some reason think platinum blonde looks cute on them.

For one reason, I cannot for the life of me understand why a black woman would choose to dye her hair the color of Barbie's. Could it be they are seeking attention at all costs because they are for sure going to get it when they walk into a room? We all know that for some folks, attention is attention, no matter how good or bad it is. The only sisters that I think look good with platinum blonde hair are the ones who keep it cut very short (maybe about 3 inches or so) and wear it natural.

I really wish this madness would stop and those close to them, be it a sister, big mama or somebody who cares would let them know that blondes on blacks isn't cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment