Has anyone been watching this season of the series Survivor? I hadn't watched the show in years but was motivated to watch it when I found out that Taj Johnson-George, member of the 90's R & B group SWV (Sisters with Voices) and wife of Heisman Trophy and retired NFL player Eddie George, would be a contestant.
I really like Taj. She, to me, is the anti-typical athlete's wife. Maybe that's because she's a survivor. On the reality series that she and Eddie had on TV One called "I Married a Baller", it was revealed that she was a victim of sexual and domestic abuse in her early years. I can also remember hearing years ago, after SWV fell apart with the departure of lead singer Coko, Taj moved to Tennessee and enrolled in college at Tennessee State University. Even though she's married to a baller, she still seems to be on a quest to challenge herself in different areas and she was seen on her reality series taking cosmetology classes. Can you imagine any of those "Real Housewives" doing something like that? And now, she's enduring the physical and psychological challenges of being a contestant on Survivor.
While some people may argue that she shouldn't even be on their because she doesn't need the money, to me, that is besides the point. She has said that she will donate her winnings to the foundation that she has established to help other victims of abuse.
Whether or not she wins or loses, in my book, Taj Johnson-George is the true exemplification of a survivor.
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Taj Johnson-George is a Survivor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment